I made Rice Pilaf to go along with my Chicken Gyro (if you have not tried my chicken gyro yet, you really need to!) for my hubby. Perfect combination! He loves the meal. 😜 It can be cooked in the Instanr Pot, Stovetop or in the Rice Cooker (timing varies).
Serves 3-4 depending on size of eaters | 15 mins to 1 hour
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 medium Onion; chopped
- 2-3 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1 celery stalk; chopped
- 1 carrot; chopped/julienned
- 2 cups Long Grain White Rice
- 1 3/4 cups Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Almonds or Sliced Almonds; toasted
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Fresh/Dried Parsley
You can also use other vegetables like corn, peas, sliced button mushrooms, etc.
Directions (Instant Pot)
- Press sauté and wait for HOT.
- Add butter and let it sizzle.
- Add the chopped onions, celery, and carrot. Cook until vegetables are tender, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir in rice and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with broth and water.
- Turn off.
- Add raisins and salt. Cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and set timer for 3 minutes. Allow 5 minutes natural release before doing a quick release.
- Fluff rice. Add in Almonds and dried Parsley.
- Serve hot.
Stovetop: Follow the above. Simmer over low medium fire for 20 mins or till liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
Ricecooker: Sauté in saucepan before transferring to the rice cooker. Use the ‘White Rice’ setting.