A simple yet tasty dish! I am still in the midst of packing stuff and thus still can’t cook up a storm. I was inspired by Two Sleevers’s braised brisket dish but decided to do a mushroom gravy instead! The cooking time looks long but you actually don’t need to bother because using an IP means you don’t need to bother, I could continue with my packing. And yes! Of course you can use frozen beef, I would suggest adding another 10 mins to the total time suggested below.
Serves 4| 1 hr 30 mins
Ingredients (does not include potatoes for the mash, it is up to you)
- 2 lbs Beef Brisket; sliced along the grain into 4 pieces
- 1 cup Onions; quartered
- 4 cloves Garlic; minced
- 10 oz Cremini Mushrooms; chop 6 oz and slice 4 oz
- 1 1/2 cup Beef Stock/Broth
- 2 tbsp Sherry optional
- 2 tbsp Potato Starch/Corn Starch
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Season beef brisket with salt and pepper.
- Sauté (wait for HOT) onions in olive oil. Add garlic after about 3 mins later. Add chopped cremini about 3 mins later.
- Deglaze with sherry (if using) or otherwise use beef broth/stock.
- Add remaining beef broth/stock.
- Add beef.
- Set the IP to ‘Manual’, ‘High Pressure’ and 60 mins.
- Allow a natural release of 15 mins.
- Remove beef.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the gravy.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Set back to sauté mode and let the sauce cook.
- Stir in Starch slurry to thicken the gravy.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and hot gravy (taste to season, I didn’t need extra salt but everyone has their own preference, add some if you need)! 😜
Slowcooker/Crockpot: Cook on high for 8 hours. Follow all other steps as usual.
Stovetop: Braise over a low fire for 2 hours. You will need an additional 2 cups of beef broth. Follow all other steps as usual.