Moist and tender wings for the summer!
- 40-50 Chicken Wings/Drumlets
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- Orange Juice from 1 Orange
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar optional
- 2-3 drops of Liquid Smoke optional
Ingredients (Root Beer Sauce)
- 1 cup Root Beer
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Juice from half a Lemon
- Season the chicken wings/drumlets with Olive Oil, grated Ginger, 1 tbsp Orange Zest, Orange Juice from 1 Orange, 1 tbsp Salt, 1 tbsp Ground Black Pepper, 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract. Let it sit for 10 mins.
- In the IP, add 1 cup Water, 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar and 2-3 drops of Liquid Smoke.
- Sit the seasoned wings on a trivet (not touching the liquid). Pressure cook at ‘Manual’, high pressure and 5 mins. Do an immediate quick release.
- While the chicken wings/drumlets are cooking, make the sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat oven/airfryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit (or 190 degree celcius) or 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 190 degree celcius) respectively.
- Pat chicken dry. Using a brush, brush the root beer sauce on the chicken wings/drumlets.
- Airfry for 3 mins each side or bake for 5 mins each side.