Apologies on the long hiatus as I had some matters to attend to! Despite being busy, I still cook, just not creating new recipes. This is a dish I made recently, with improvements from my old recipe. You can make this high protein breakfast both in the oven or airfryer! It can also be done in the IP but you won’t get that brown crust like in the picture.
40 mins (Oven/Airfryer) | 10 mins (Instant Pot)
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk or Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream (optional)
- 1 tbsp dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Potato; sliced
- 1 cup Cheese (Mozarella/Cheddar/Monterey Jack/etc)
- 1 cup Spinach; chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms; chopped
- If using the oven or airfryer, preheat oven/airfryer to 350 degrees farenheit or 180 degrees celcius.
- Whisk eggs with milk, sour cream, spices and cheese.
- Stir in spinach and mushrooms.
- Grease deep baking dish (7″). If using the airfryer, I always use the square tin that comes with my Phillips airfryer.
- Line the potato slices and pour the egg mixture in.
- Bake for 25-30 mins till toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown (like the picture).
- If using the IP, line potato slices and pour into a pressure cooker safe deep dish. Sit the dish over a trivet with a cup of water in the IP. Set the IP to ‘High Pressure’, ‘Manual’ and 5 mins. Perform a quick release.
psssssssss: you can add bacon too if you like!