Apologies on the long hiatus as I had some matters to attend to! Despite being busy, I still cook, just not creating new recipes. This is a dish I made recently, with improvements from my old recipe. You can make this high protein breakfast both in the oven or airfryer! It can also be done in the IP but you will need to broil with more cheese for 5 mins.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins (Oven/Airfryer) | 20 mins (Instant Pot)
Used a 6” round baking pan
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk or Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream (optional)
- 1 tbsp dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Potato; sliced
- 1 cup Cheese (Mozarella/Cheddar/Monterey Jack/etc)
- 1 cup Spinach; chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms; chopped
- If using the oven or airfryer, preheat oven/airfryer to 350 degrees farenheit or 180 degrees celcius.
- Whisk eggs with milk, sour cream, spices and cheese.
- Stir in spinach and mushrooms.
- Grease deep baking dish (7″). If using the airfryer, I always use the square tin that comes with the Phillips airfryer.
- Line the potato slices and pour the egg mixture in.
- Bake/airfry for 25 mins till toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown (like the picture).
- If using the IP, line potato slices and pour into a pressure cooker safe deep dish. Cover the top with foil. Sit the dish over a trivet with a cup of water in the IP. Set the IP to ‘High Pressure’, ‘Manual’ and 18 mins. Perform a quick release. You can top it with more cheese and broil for 5 mins (optional but recommended!).
psssssssss: you can add bacon too if you like!