This is so yums! Don’t talk to me about the calories.. This is too good! I thought I would miss the one at Equinox Singapore… But after I made this, I doubt so 😋
The key lies in getting a good Vanilla. Get a good one pretty please..
Makes 6 4oz Ramekins
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup Fine Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla (recommend a paste or pod)
- 6 tbsp Fine Sugar
PS: You can use the egg whites to make a protein packed breakfast muffin.
- Whisk egg yolks, 1/3 cup fine sugar, salt, heavy cream and vanilla together.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Use aluminium foil to cover each ramekin tightly.
- Instant Pot Method: Stack ramekins (3 each layer) and set to Manual, high pressure, 6 mins, 10 mins NPR. Remove aluminium foil and let the ramekins cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- -or- Oven/Airfryer Method: Preheat oven/Airfryer to 300 degrees Fahrenheit 150 degree Celcius. Bake/Airfry for 30-40 mins, till center is barely set. Remove aluminium foil and let the ramekins cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, spoon about 1 tbsp of sugar and spread evenly per ramekin.
- Blow torch the top or put it under the broiler for 5-10 mins to caramelize the sugar (most ovens or toasters have the broiler function).