It’s Cinco de Mayo today and I decided to whip up a slightly different lunch for the hubby. So.. I made Chicken Fajita and served it on Lime Cilantro Rice. Fajita is pronounced as “far-hee-da” and is a Mexican dish. It is very flavorful with the overnight seasoning. You can do it in the Airfryer (need to turn it and only on a single layer), saute it or grill it.
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Celery Salt/Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes; optional
- 1 1/2 lbs (680g) boneless skinless Chicken Breast/Thighs; cut into strips or cubes
- 1/2 medium Sweet Red Pepper; julienned
- 1/2 medium Green Pepper; julienned
- 1 large Yellow Onion; thinly sliced
- Season chicken pieces in 2 tbsp oil, lemon juice, salt, cayenne, smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic and onion powder.
- Mix in julienned peppers and onions. Let it sit in a sealed container or food bag for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat Airfryer/Oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degree Celcius.
- Spray oil on grill pan and lay vegetables, lay chicken on top and baste some oil it.
- Airfry for 6-8 mins or grill for 8 mins on each side.
- If doing the sauté method, heat 2 tbsp in your pan, saute till chicken are no longer pink and vegetables are cooked.
- Serve hot over white rice, Mexican rice or lime Cilantro rice. It can be accompanied by sides such as Guacamole, Salsa, Refried Beans, Black Beans and Sour Cream!
♥️ approved by the husband.