I call this a Thai comfort dish. It is rich and creamy, a blend of sweet and savory and goes well with white rice.
- 400 grams Chicken Thigh/Breast; cubed
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 6 cups Coconut Milk
- 40g Galangal; sliced
- 3 stalks of Lemongrass; sliced diagonally in 3-4cm pieces
- 1 big White Onion; sliced
- 2 Tomatoes; quartered
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 200 grams of Oyster Mushrooms/Cremini/Button Mushrooms/Shimeiji (up to you)
- 2-5 Thai chilies; peeled and sliced diagonally (adjust to your heat preference)
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 4 tbsp of Lime Juice
- Cilantro for garnishing
- In the IP, saute lemongrass and galangal to bring out the fragrance.
- Add onions and chicken cubes and sauté till slightly translucent, about 2-3 mins.
- Deglaze with chicken stock.
- Add kaffir lime leaves (crush if you can).
- Set to Manual, Low Pressure, 5 mins. Allow natural release.
- On sauté low mode, stir in coconut milk, tomatoes and mushrooms. *do not allow coconut milk to overboil
- Stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
- Taste and balance the salt and sour.
- Add chilies (the longer it soaks, the spicier it gets).
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.