Raise up your hands if you love Oreos! I strongly believe Oreo Cheesecakes are everywhere but I’ll still share the recipe that I use to make mine. To be honest, I really can’t remember the source and I’ve also made tweaks a few times to it over the years.. So I guess this can be considered my recipe.
For any cheesecakes I make, I only use one brand, Philadelphia, and I use the Light version. You can use the normal version. I was just trying to lessen the guilt a teeny bit 😝. That being said, I am in no way associated with and to the company. You can use any other brands but I can’t guarantee the taste.
I will be showing the two ways you make it – In the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) or Oven. In the picture it shows 2 mini cheesecakes – I got those mini springform pans from Target and it comes in handy as there are only 2 of us. However, the recipe I’m posting here is good for a 7″ springform pan.
PS: There are non-baked versions but I still prefer the texture and taste of the baked ones.
- 12 whole Oreos; crushed for the crust
- 2 tbsp Butter; melted for the crust
- 16oz Cream Cheese; room temperature
- 1/2 cup Fine Sugar
- 2 large Eggs; room temperature
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 cup Sour Cream (use Heavy Cream if you don’t like it too sourish)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract/Essence
- 8 whole Oreo; coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Whipped Cream/Topping for the top
- 8 whole Oreos; coarsely chopped for the top
- Chocolate Sauce optional
- Tightly wrap the spring form pan with aluminum foil. Spray the inside of the pan with cooking spray.
- Press crushed Oreos with the melted butter to form the base. Freeze in the freezer for 10-15 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, blend over low speed/whisk cream cheese and sugar till smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time into the mixture.
- Add flour, heavy cream, sour cream and vanilla, continue to blend/whisk.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour into ‘frozen’ springform pan.
- Instant Pot: Sit the springform pan upon a trivet with 1 1/2 cup of water in the base. Cover the top with a foil. Use the Manual Mode, High Pressure, 40 mins. Do an immediate quick release. Move to cooling rack and allow cool down. Allow complete cooldown before chilling it in the refrigerator. Best chilled 6-8 hours covered or the cake will get dry and hard.
- Oven: Sit the springform pan (cover the top with foil) in a bigger pan. Fill the bigger pan with boiling water up to halfway the height of the springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degree Celcius for 40 mins. The middle will still be jiggly. Let it rest in the oven for an hour with the oven slightly open. Remove from the oven/water bath and let it cool on the cooling rack. Allow complete cooldown before chilling it in the refrigerator. Best chilled 6-8 hours covered or the cake will get dry and hard.
- Prior to serving, spread the top with whipped cream/topping. Pour coarsely chopped Oreos over it. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.