A little twist to your usual Thai Green Curry Chicken. It is a no meat day for me today! 😜 I’m using store bought curry paste (I’m not sure who actually makes their own curry paste nowdays), the popular Mae Ploy brand. In Singapore, this can be found at Golden Mile shopping center and in US, I see it at almost all the large Asian Grocery stores. You can get nice authentic Thai coconut milk (I’m using Chaokoh brand) at these places too. Otherwise, just use Kara (for Singaporeans).
Over here, I bake/Airfry the cod fish. If you were to cook it in the curry mixture, it will break up and get mushy.
My picture doesn’t consist of all the vegetables. It is really up to you! You can even add eggplants, tofu cubes if you want. If you are adding a lot of vegetables, you might want to double up the sauce (coconut milk, green curry paste, garlic, ginger) and water.
Subtle as it may look, this dish is spicy!
Serves 2 | 12 mins (cooking time varies) | Paleo
- 12oz or 240g of Cod Fillets; sliced
- 8-10 Shrimps; deveined and deshelled
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil/Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger; grated
- 2/3 tsp Garlic; minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/8 cup Onions
- 1/3 Red Bell Peppers; sliced
- 1/2 Cauliflower; cut into florets
- 12 pcs Snow Peas
- 1/2 Carrot; julienned
- 1/2 Lime; zested and juiced
- Salt & Black Pepper; to taste
- Cilantro/Chinese Coriander for Garnishing
- Mix green curry paste with coconut milk, ginger and garlic to form a mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees farenheit or 220 degree Celcius. If using the Airfryer, preheat Airfryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degree Celcius.
- Pat fish lightly with salt and pepper. Use half the mixture to season the cod fish. Slightly oil the baking pan or Airfryer grill pan to prevent sticking. Bake in the oven for 15-18 mins or Airfryer for 6-7 mins. It is ready when fish is flaky or when internal temperature is 145 degrees Fahrenheit/63 degree Celcius.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Sauté onions and carrots for 4-5 mins. Add lime zest and sauté for another minute.Add cauliflower florets, snow peas, red peppers and shrimps, sauté for 2-3 mins. Add remaining mixture and 1/2 cup water. Add lime juice and let it bubble till it thickens; approximately 4-5 mins. Don’t overcook the vegetables!
- Plate the dish; vegetables first, shrimps, cod fish slices and drizzle the sauce over it.
- Garnish and serve with white rice!