Sharing my love for Thai food.
And so.. I’ve converted this into an IP recipe (you can do it in the rice cooker too using the white rice setting). If you want fried rice, I’m pretty sure Google will churn out many recipes for you.
Notes: This dish is cooked directly in the IP’s inner pot, not a pot-in-pot method. Please ensure that you have turned your vent to ‘sealing’ mode and have your rubber ring on.
Serves 3-4 paxes | Cook Time: 3 mins (40 mins for ricecooker)
- 2 cups White/Jasmine Rice (time varies for other types of rice)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Shallot; sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic; minced
- 1/4 cup Onions; chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Curry Powder (Red Curry Paste if you like more oomph)
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes/Chilli Powder (optional – if you want it spicy)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 1 cup Pineapple; diced
- 1/3 Unsalted Cashew Nuts; toasted
- 200g Chicken; diced (used frozen but ran it under water to defroze it a little so I could dice it)
- 10-12 pcs Shrimps (used frozen)
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes; diced
- 1/2 cup frozen Mixed Vegetables
* Nuts, Vegetables and Tomatoes were omitted from the picture as my husband doesn’t like them. I added crabmeat for him if you were wondering what are the red speckles. It is actually up to you on what you want in the rice. I did just pineapples and ham (leftover from Easter) with all the spices and seasoning!
- Wash and drain rice. Set aside.
- On Sauté more mode (wait for ‘HOT’), saute Shallots, Garlic, Onions and Chicken for about 2-3 mins. Deglaze with the water from the chicken.
- Turn off the IP.
- Mix in drained rice. Add 2 cups water (equal ratio with Jasmine rice).
- Mix in condiments (salt, pepper, light soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, curry powder).
- Mix in vegetables, tomatoes, nuts, pineapple and shrimps.
- Set IP to ‘Manual’, 3 mins, High Pressure. Do a quick release after 5 mins. Fluff rice.
- If you are using the rice cooker; I would still recommend to brown the chicken a little or otherwise you could just put everything in the rice cooker and cook as per White Rice/Jasmine Rice directions. It should take about 40 mins. Fluff and let it sit another 15 mins.
- Additional Step (optional): You can use a wok like Asians do and fry the rice a little with 1 tbsp of oil (we like it a little more dried and charred, you could also add 2 beaten eggs here).
Enjoy! It is good on its own. 😜