Bringing you another restaurant quality meal – Wild Mushroom Risotto. They are often used as a side but I can eat it as meal.. Because it is so good.
To make a Bacon Wild Mushroom Risotto, simply sauté 1 cup of chopped bacon in the first step. Reserve half for garnish and the other half mixed in the risotto. Use the bacon fats that has turned into oil to sauté the rest of your ingredients.
Serves 3-4 | Cook Time: 8 mins
- 4 oz (114g) Dried Wild Mushrooms like Porcini; soaked and chopped (may substitute totally with fresh mushrooms)
- 4 oz (114g) Fresh Mushrooms like Creminis, Portabellos; washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (Substitute: Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio Rice (Substitute: Short Grain Rice)
- 1 large Shallot; chopped
- 1/2 chopped large White Onion (Substitute: 1 tbsp Onion Powder)
- 2 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 3 1/2 cup Mushroom Water/Water/Unsalted Chicken Broth/Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Chicken Boubillon (if using Water/Mushroom Water)
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt (Substitute: Sea Salt)
- Parsley for garnish
- Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Set to Sauté high and wait for ‘HOT’ indicator.
- Add Unsalted Butter.
- Add Shallots, Garlic and onions, sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add white wine and mushrooms and deglaze/sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Press cancel.
- Mix in rice.
- Add Mushroom Water/Water/Broth
- Stir in seasoning (Celery Salt/Salt/Boubillon).
- Close the lid. Seal the vent. Set to ‘Manual’, 5 mins, do a gradual quick release.
- Garnish with Parsley and Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve hot.
- It is ok to only use fresh mushrooms but I do not recommend the white buttons as those are so tasteless. Just substitute all the dried mushrooms with fresh mushrooms. I love using Portabellos or Baby Portabellos (also known as creminis).
- Dried Mushrooms must be soaked and squeezed dry. I typically rinse them first in case of sand and mud. For a quicker time, soak in boiling water for 30 mins.
- If cooking this dish on the stove top, stirring and adding of extra broth will be needed. Please do not walk away and also allow an extra of 15-20 mins more for the cooking time.