Otherwise also known as breakfast muffins.. A little twist from the usual bread and stuff. We were getting a little bored from the usual eggs with bread and potatoes! This recipe can be done with the Airfryer or Oven or IP (oven requires the longest time).
- 5 Eggs
- 40ml Milk or 1.35oz
- 3/4 tbsp Parsley (I like lots of Parsley)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Sausage; slices
- 3 pcs of Bacon; chopped/squared
- 2 pcs of Ham; squared
- 3 pcs of Hashbrowns; mashed
- 8 tbsp Baked Beans
- 8 tbsp Cheese (medley of Mozarella and Cheddar will be good but it is really good with Monterey Jack, Emmental, Sharp Cheddar and Gouda too – Do it the way you like it)
- Anything else you want! i.e. Sliced Mushrooms, Chopped Asparagus/Peppers etc.
- Preheat Airfryer to 180 degree Celcius or 360 degree Fahrenheit. If using the oven, do 200 degree Celcius and 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Spray a teeny bit of oil/cooking spray in the muffin pan/foil cups.
- Layer muffin pan/foil cups base with the mashed Hashbrowns. I like to toast it a little (about 5 mins) but it’s entirely up to you.
- Pile your breakfast items (Ham, Bacon, Baked Beans, Sausage etc etc) in the muffin pan/foil cups.
- Scramble Eggs with Milk, Pepper, Salt and Parsley.
- Pour into the muffin pan/foil cups. Do not overfill. Leave a small 2-3mm gap.
- Layer with shredded cheese. Cheddar, Mozarella, Parmesan, Sharp Cheddar, Swiss, Gouda, Emmental, etc etc. Up to you! I always buy blends (glad that the US has so many different blends).
- Airfry or Bake at 10 mins and 15 mins respectively. Otherwise till the top is set and a nice toasted color.
I want to do it in the Instant Pot. Yes you can!
Spray ramekins/mason jars with cooking spray. Put a potato slice at the base or chopped potatoes (skip the hashbrowns) if you like. Using the egg mixture from above, pour into 8 ramekins or 8 mason jars (8oz). In the Instant Pot, pour 1 cup of water, lay a trivet over it. Stack ramekins/mason jars. If no cap is used, cook on ‘Manual’, ‘High Pressure’, 3 mins. Allow a natural release of 8 mins before doing a quick release. If cap is used, cook on ‘Manual’, ‘High Pressure’, 5 mins. Allow a natural release of 8 mins before doing a quick release. Sprinkle cheese on the top and close the IP for a minute. Garnish with chopped green onions/spring onions! As mentioned above, it can stored in the freezer for a quick-to-go (defrost the night before), steam it for a couple of minutes.
Tuck in and enjoy ~ 😝