A one-pot comfort meal yet again. This can be done on the stovetop or with the Instant Pot. Needless to say, it is definitely faster with the Instant Pot.
Feeds 2 | 6 mins Instant Pot 20 mins Stovetop
- 300g thinly sliced steak; cut into pieces (ground beef can be used)
- 170g/6oz of Penne (if using other pasta, please lessen cooking time)
- 85g/3oz Creminis; sliced
- 1/2 large White Onion; chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic; minced
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups Unsalted Beef Broth; covers pasta and ingredients
- 1 cup Cooking/Heavy Cream
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom (non-MSG preferably) – OPTIONAL
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcesterhire sauce
- Parsley/Chilli Flakes/Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Sauté Onion and Garlic in butter for about 4 mins. When using the Instant Pot to sauté, always wait for the indicator to say ‘HOT’.
- Add creminis and beef and continue to sauté for another 3 mins.
- Add Salt, Black Pepper and Worcesterhire Sauce.
- Use broth* to deglaze.
- Add pasta and stir in Cream of Mushroom (OPTIONAL). The broth should cover your all your pasta and ingredients. You could add more slightly more broth like I did as we like to slurp everything up (like mushroom soup). I added more creminis and sausage slices as well.
- Instant Pot: Set ‘Manual’, ‘4 mins’, wait for 2 mins (5 mins if you prefer a softer pasta) before doing a release. Select ‘Boil’ mode, stir in Sour Cream and Heavy Cream. Salt to taste, usually not needed.
- Stovetop: Use a small fire and boil covered till al dente, it usually takes about 10-15 mins depending on the type of pasta used. Stir in Sour Cream and Heavy Cream. Salt to taste, usually not needed.
- Garnish and serve hot.
* I am not paid to promote iHerb. This product link shown is a commonly used product in my kitchen back in Singapore (along with tonnes of other products). You can also go for the organic version which is slightly more expensive or their other stocks, I have tried Chicken Low Sodium and the Organic version as well. Love it ~