I initially did this in a paella pan but failed badly. Rice was overcooked due to too much stock being used (fyi, I used the recommended amount on my Calasparra rice). Honestly, it was a pain to do it stove top. You might ask, just like my husband did, why did I not use the IP in the first place? I honestly wanted to cook it the true Spanish way but gahhhh seriously.. After I tried it in the IP, it was just perfect. So seriously, bye bye Paella pan.
Serves 3-4 | Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 large Onion; chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper; cut into 1.5 inch strips
- 4 cloves Garlic; minced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes; chopped
- 2 cups Calasparra/Bomba rice
- 3/4 cup dry White Wine
- 2 pinches Saffron; soaked in 1/4 cup stock
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3 cups Seafood Stock/Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice; didn’t like it too tangy
- 1/4 cup Parsley; chopped
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes; optional
- Salt; to taste
- 3 Lemon Wedges
- 3 boneless Chicken Thighs; cut into 3-4 pieces (prefer them bigger)
- 12-15 Prawns/Shrimps; best to keep shells on
- 1 slice of Salmon Fillet; cut into smaller pieces
- Anything! Up to you ~ Calamaris, Mussels, Clams, Peas, Corn, etc etc.
- Sauté ‘Hot’ mode, brown chicken pieces and set aside.
- Sauté Onions, Garlic, Bell Peppers and Tomatoes.
- Deglaze with White Wine.
- Add Saffron (along with soaking stock), Paprika, Chicken/Seafood Stock and rice.
- Add 1/2 of Parsley above mixture.
- Add all accompanying ingredients.
- Stir a little to mix.
- Set ‘Manual’, ‘High Pressure’, 6 mins. Allow natural release for 5 mins then release pressure. Fluff rice.
- Serve hot and garnish with Parsley and Lemon Wedge.