First and foremost, I am not a Thai. However, I love Thai food. I might not make it in the correct method because I’m always finding shortcuts… I sincerely hope that I do not offend anyone with the method I’m using.
Serves 4 | Cook + Prep Time: 30 mins
- 2 sweet Mangoes
- 1 cup Glutinous Rice/Sweet Rice; wash and drained
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp Cane/Fine Sugar
- Kosher Salt/Table Salt
- 1 tsp Corn Flour/Corn Starch
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds; toasted
- In a stainless steel bowl, add drained rice, 1/2 cup Coconut Milk, 2 tbsp Sugar, pinch of Salt and 1/2 cup Water. Traditionally, rice is cooked as per normal which takes 40 mins and soaked in the coconut mixture for at least 2 hours or when fully absorbed. However, I tried cooking it together in the IP and it works! Saves a huge load of time!!
- Sit the stainless steel bowl on the steamer rack with 1 cup of water in the IP (pot-in-pot). Set ‘Manual’, 12 mins, ‘High Pressure’, 5 mins NR and then an immediate release. Fluff rice.
- Remove rice and transfer rice to a flat dish to let it cool down.
- Prepare coconut sauce. In a saucepan, simmer coconut milk with 2 tbsp of Sugar, pinch of Salt and Corn Starch mixture. Let it thicken. Keep sauce warm.
- Serve the dessert with slices of Mango sitting on a bed of rice, and with the coconut sauce drizzled over it. Garnish.
Noms noms!! ♥️