I promise you, awesome aroma and super tasty and tender chicken.
Serves 2-3 (depends on how big your eaters are)
Cooktime: 8-10 mins
- 500g/17.5oz of boneless Chicken thighs; chopped into 8-10 pieces
- 8-10 Pandan/Screwpine Leaves
- 8-10 Toothpicks optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp finely minced Ginger (Ginger Powder is fine)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- Season Chicken pieces with all the condiments.
- Wrap the chicken up with Pandan Leaves. You can secure it with Toothpicks or simply tuck the leaves in.
- Seal them in a Ziploc bag and let it season for at least 4 hours. I like to do it overnight.
- In the IP, put chicken on the steamer rack with 1 cup of water.
- Set ‘Manual’, 3 mins, High Pressure. Do an instant release.
- Brush some oil on the leaves (I like to use peanut), pan fry both sides for about 2-3 mins. Be careful not to let the leaves burn.
- -or- Brush some oil on the leaves (I like to use peanut), oven bake it about 3-4 mins or till brownish at 350F (flip in between). Be careful not to let the leaves burn.
- Serve hot.
PS: This dish is traditionally deep-fried. However, I’m on the healthier side.. So no deep frying in my household.