Fresh/flash frozen fish is needed for this recipe. It will be fabulous if you have a fresh fish market near you (like Pike Place Market in Seattle). In my picture, I am using the Barramundi. It is known as the Asian Sea Bass. If you do not have a Barramundi, you could substitute it with the Halibut or Sea Bass. This dish is perfect with white rice.
- 200g Fillet; thawed
- 2 Red Chilli Padi; chopped
- 2 Green Chilli Padi; chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic; minced
- 5 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (big green lime)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar/Palm Sugar diluted in 1 tbsp Hot Water
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1-2 sprigs of Cilantro/Chinese Coriander
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- sprinkle of Sea Salt
- Towel dry the fully-thawed fish fillet. Score the fish on the skin side. Sprinkle with salt on both sides.
- Put Fillet skin side up on a steaming plate (no holes) on the steaming rack in the with at least 1 cup of water.
- Set ‘Steam’ on the IP and steam for 2 mins on low pressure. Do an immediate release.
- -or- Steam on the stovetop for 8-10 mins.
- While the Fillet is cooking, prepare the sauce. Mix Green and Red Chilli Padi with Lime Juice, minced Garlic, dissolved Sugar and Fish Sauce. Set aside.
- Remove Fillet and transfer the fish to a serving plate, skin side down. Reserve the ‘fish juice’.
- Add 2 tbsp of fish juice (the liquid collected on the steaming plate) to your Lime Chilli mixture and drizzle over the Fillet.
- Heat the Peanut Oil till sizzling. Do not let it burn. Drizzle over the fillet.
- Garnish with Cilantro/Chinese Coriander.
- Serve hot.
Tuck in! 🤗
**Frozen fish can only be used if using the IP, you will need to add an extra of 1-3 mins depending on the thickness of the fish.