My husband can finish 8-10 wings. Nuff said. It is traditionally deep-fried (but i Airfry it). Therefore, please limit your intake drink lots of water or you might end up with a sore throat.
But sometimes… A little pleasure and something sinful might just make your day feel better.
*you can make big batches and freeze it (uncooked)
- 12 mid Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp Prawn Paste
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Hua Tiao Wine/Shaoxing Wine
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 6 tbsp Plain Flour
- 6 tbsp Potato Starch
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 50ml Water
- Mix everything together (except Plain Flour, 6 tbsp Potato Starch, Baking Powder, Beaten Egg and Water).
- Transfer to Ziploc bag and let it marinate for 4 hours or longer.
- To make the batter, mix the Plain Flour, Potato Starch, Baking Powder, beaten Egg and Water. Mix well, ensure no lumps.
- Drop wings into batter.
- Preheat Airfryer to 180 degree Celcius or 360 degree Fahrenheit for 5 mins.
- Spray Airfryer grill tray with some cooking spray/oil. Lay wings on tray. Do not overlap or stack. Airfry for 10-12 mins or till golden crispy. Flip at half time.
- If deep frying it; ensure oil temperature is at 180 degree Celcius or 360 degree Fahrenheit, fry 4-5 mins. The wings will float up or deep fry till golden brown. Use a paper tower to absorb the oil.