A very comforting and heartwarming dish.
- 1/2 block of Silken Tofu/Egg Tofu (round or square is fine)
- Approximately 2oz or 60g Ground Pork
- 1/2 tbsp Light Soya Sauce
- 8-12 Goji Berries (Wolfberries) soaked in water optional
- A few thin carrot strips; chopped
- 1 soaked Chinese mushroom; chopped
- 2 Prawns – meat only (shells removed, deveined); chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Light Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- dash of White Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Hua Tiao Wine/Shaoxing Wine
- 1 sprig of Spring Onion; chopped.
- Marinade Ground Pork with chopped Carrot strips, Chinese Mushroom, Prawn meat, 1 1/2 tsp Light Soya Sauce, Sesame Oil, Corn Flour, White Pepper powder and Hua Tiao/Shaoxing Wine. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile slice Tofu into squares (using block) or rounds (using tube) to about 1.5cm thick. *If using 1/2 block of Tofu, quarter it, then half it in the middle. You will get 8 pieces.
- Tofu is filmsy, lay it gentle on steaming dish (no holes).
- Scoop a blob of marinated meat (approximately 1 tsp) onto each Tofu.
- Top it with 1 Goji Berry/Wolfberry (optional).
- Drizzle 1/2 tbsp of Light Soya Sauce over the Tofu.
- Sit the dish over a steaming rack filled with 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Set Instant Pot to ‘Steam’ for 10 mins using steaming rack with at least 1 cup of water in the base. Do not seal the vent.
- -or- Steam on the stovetop for 10-12 mins.
- Drizzle the sauce collected in the dish over the Tofu.
- Garnish with chopped Spring Onions (optional).
- Serve hot.
Enjoy with steamed White Rice! 😋