Back in Singapore, my mom use to make this dish for us to eat. I texted her for this recipe but added a few slices of ginger 😋. I adapted the pot-in-pot recipe from Amy & Jacky. It is a really simple and quick meal!
- 2-5 fully-thawed boneless Chicken Thighs (depending on how much you can eat – IP can sit 5 pcs) *do not stack
- 3-4 pieces of dried Chinese Mushrooms (soaked if it is those really thick ones)
- 2-3 pieces of dried Black Fungus, soaked and sliced (optional)
- 2-3 Red Dates
- 3-4 slices of Dang Gui
- 1 tbsp of Wolfberries (Goji Berries)
- 1 tsp Hua Tiao Wine (also known as Shaoxing Wine)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Light Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 2-3 thin slices of Old Ginger (optional)
- 1 cup of Water/Unsalted Chicken Stock
- White Rice (depends on how many people you are cooking for using a 1:1 ratio)
- Season Chicken Thighs with Sesame Oil, Hua Tiao Wine, Light Soya Sauce and White Pepper. Let it sit for about 10-20 mins.
- Wash and drain White Rice.
- Put drained White Rice (will still be wet) in a stainless steel bowl and add water (1:1 ratio).
- Instant Pot: Add Water/Chicken Stock, Dang Gui, Mushrooms, Fungus, Red Dates, Wolfberries and Ginger.
- Lay chicken in the broth.
- Put the tall trivet over the chix.
- Sit White Rice (in stainless steel dish) over it.
- Set IP to Manual, High Pressure and 6 mins. Do a quick release.
- Stovetop: Add water to pot (whatever you are using to steam), put Seasoned Chicken and condiments. Use only 1/2 cup of water/Chicken Stock, steam for 18-20 mins. *does not include cooking of rice