Ok, I can’t really think of a name. There are so many names out there – Death by Chocolate, Better than Sex Chocalate Cake, Molten Chocolate Cake.. Bla bla bla bla. Anyway, does it really matter? Gonna eat it up anyway ~
Anyway, here goes the recipe. Easy peasy!
Makes 4 x 4oz Ramekins
*I recommend Ghirardelli chocolate anytime! (Not paid for this)
Part A (Truffles)
- 40ml Whipping/Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (half-half with milk chocolate chips if you like it a bit sweeter)
- 15g unsalted Butter
Part B (Cake)
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (half-half with milk chocolate chips if you like it a bit sweeter)
- 50g of unsalted Butter
- 50ml Heavy Cream
- 2 normal-sized Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 30g Fine Sugar (not confectionary!!)
- 50g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Whisk and heat Part A over a hot water bath. Pour into ice cube mould and freeze it. At least 2 hours.
- Melt Chocolate Chips in Part B over hot water bath.
- Mix all ingredients in Part B together, including the melted chocolate.
- Spray ramekins with cooking spray.
- Fill half the ramekin with batter, add a truffle and cover with more batter.
- Airfryer/Oven: Preheat at 180 degree Celcius or 360 degree Fahrenheit for 10 mins. Airfry/Bake 6-8 mins or until top is set.
- Instant Pot: Manual, 9 mins, High Pressure, Immediate/Quick Release.
- Garnish with icing sugar, your favorite sauce.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or any other flavors of your choice.
NEVER EVER PUT YOUR BATTER IN THE FRIDGE.