Back in Singapore and way before I discovered the Instant Pot, I do this meal with pasta over the stovetop. Basically sauté the chicken, dump the pasta, liquid and cream all in, set the chicken on top, cover and simmer. Stir in cheese to melt and serve.
This dish always receives thumbs up from the critical hubby and he never fails to ask for a second serving! This is a restaurant quality meal which you can prepare in about 15 mins at home if using the Instant Pot or 30 mins if using the stove. Please note that you will need Sherlyn Cook’s Special Seasoning for this dish.
- Approximately 900g or 2 pounds of boneless Chicken Thigh/Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp of Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt (Iodized/Kosher) *omit if broth is salted
- 1 1/4 cup of Heavy Cooking/Whipping Cream (light version for the healthy people)
- 1/2 tsp of Sherlyn Cook’s Special Seasoning
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese, shaved
- 1 cup of Greens (Kale/Spinach/etc)
- 1/2 cup of Sundried Tomatoes
- Pound (if using Chicken Breast) and rub Chicken with Italian Seasoning, 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Minced Garlic. Let it season for a minimum of 10 mins.
- Lightly whisk Sherlyn Cook’s Special Seasoning and Heavy Cream together.
- Add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil to the pan and sauté 30s on each side (tinge of brown). If using the IP, always wait for ‘HOT’ to appear.
- Stovetop Method: In your deep saucepan, add Chicken Stock, Parmesan Cheese, salt, Sundried Tomatoes, Chicken and the marinade juice. For stove top, let it simmer on medium fire for about 10-15 mins to your desired texture. Add heavy cream a min or two before it’s done (prevents clumping).
- -or- Instant Pot Method: Add Chicken Stock, Parmesan Cheese, salt, Sundried Tomatoes, Chicken and the marinade juice. Set to 3 mins on high pressure and allow natural release. Open lid and use sauté low, stir in heavy cream.
- Add greens and let it simmer for a minute. (Sliced Buttons/Creminis are good too) *not in my pic as hubby is anti-vegetable and I have no more Mushrooms in my refrigerator.
- Serve hot with pasta, salad, mashed potatoes, baked potato, etc. It is up to you!
*If you wish to make a one pot pasta meal, add your favorite pasta in Step 4/5.