*Heartyzealot was my dead blog (since deleted) from more than 6 years ago.
I have a thing for Thai food – that tangy, spicy with a tinge of sugar. For those who knows me, I hate vegetables and salads. Therefore, I always try and ‘mask’ it. However, with this fusion recipe, I have no problems eating my vegetables 😍.
I wrote this recipe 4 years ago, this is an improvised version. There are no directional pictures as this was from a long time back.
- 1/2 Chicken Breast, cubed
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- pinch of Cornflour
- 2 tbsps Oil (peanut/olive)
- 2-3 stalks Lemongrass, cut
- 1-2 Chilli Padi (your preference), cut *save some for garnish
- 3 Shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 tbsp Fish Sauce (adjust)
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice (from the big lime)
- Carrots; blanched and julienned
- Cherry Tomatoes; halved
- 1 cup Pea Sprouts
- 1 cup Spinach/Lettuce
- A few pieces of Snap peas/Sugar Peas; blanched
- Glass Noodles
- Garnish (Crushed unsalted Peanuts, Cut Chilli, Coriander)
* You can increase the sauce with more water, fish sauce and sugar to taste.
* You can use fresh Lemongrass or the cut and sifted ones from iHerb. I buy a huge pack from them and make Lemongrass tea with it.
- Season chicken cubes in salt, cornflour and sesame oil. Let it sit for 10 mins.
- Soak glass noodles in hot water till soft. *Don’t boil. Drain and set aside.
- Pan fry chicken in 1 tbsp of oil till nicely browned. Set aside.
- Put another 1 tbsp of oil in pan, sauté garlic, lemongrass and shallots on medium fire. You will smell the deliciousness already, especially so with peanut oil.
- Lower the fire (or sugar will burn). Add water, fish sauce and sugar. Add cut chilli and lime juice.
- Layer vegetables, glass noodles, chicken on plate.
- Pour sauce over and garnish.