*Heartyzealot was my dead blog (since deleted) from more than 6 years ago.
I love tofu, and I love Thai. This is the same recipe as the Thai Lemongrass Chicken Glass Noodles Salad, just with a small change of ingredients.
- 1 block of Tofu, cubed
- 1-2 Chilli Padi (your preference), cut
- 3 Shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Cane Sugar
- 3/4 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- Carrots, blanched and julienned
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Pea Sprouts
- 1 cup Spinach/Lettuce
- a few pieces of Sugar Peas or Snap Peas
- Cooked Prawns, deveined and halved
- Garnish (Crushed unsalted Peanuts, Cut Chilli, Sesame Seeds, Coriander, Mandarin Orange optional)
* You can increase the sauce with more water, fish sauce and sugar to taste.
* I like the taste of the sweet juice Mandarin Oranges doused in the sauce and with the tofu. It enhances the taste. However, it is pretty rare in Singapore, thus optional.
- Fry Tofu in 1 peanut oil till golden -or- Airfry Tofu 8-10 mins (320F or 160D). Drain oil with paper towel. Set aside.
- Put 1 tbsp of oil in dry pan over medium fire, sauté garlic, shallots on medium fire. You will smell the deliciousness already, especially so with peanut oil.
- Lower the fire (or sugar will burn). Add water, fish sauce and sugar. Off the fire and let the sauce cool in a bowl.
- Add cut chilli and lime juice. Mix.
- Layer vegetables, prawns, tofu and orange slices on plate.
- Pour sauce over and garnish.